My Coffee Stain

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Lets Get It Started...

I have been thinking for a while about starting a blog. Jumping on the bandwagon so to speak... well, here I am. I've always thought of writing as a great outlet for just spewing whatever crap is on my mind at any given moment, although I find my typing skills to be somewhat hindering as they don't keep up with my mind's pace of a million miles a minute.

So what's going on? My husband just brought me two slices of reheated pizza from last night's dinner--a welcome treat since I am freaking starving. My 17 month old daughter is napping peacefully in her crib... Hallelujah! I swear, nap time is my favorite time of the day. God help me if there is something wrong with that. I thought that by having a kid that I was supposed to enjoy her. And now, 17 months into parenthood, I find myself more selfish than ever. Every moment while she is sleeping is a moment that I could potenially have to MYSELF, and that is damn pleasing to me. But yet when she awakes with a smile on her face, hair messed into a baby 'fro, I can't help but think of how great she is. Being a mom has aroused so many contradictory feelings within my soul--how can I feel so selfish one minute, then turn on a dime and surrender the remainder of my day to her? It's a wonder that I haven't become completely schitzo!

So, my goal in writing this blog is to be honest with myself and write EXACTLY what I'm thinking about without any pretentions. And to try to help keep myself honest, I'm choosing to remain anonymous because I plan to air out all of my dirty little thoughts. Well, at least the ones that won't land me in jail...

I think I hear someone waking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home